Friendship Isn’t Easy.
But we need each other anyway.
Welcome to Women Friends! We’re vanquishing loneliness and deepening connection by empowering women to understand themselves and others better. Our goal is to help you create more fulfilling platonic relationships and stop feeling isolated. Subscribe so you never miss a new podcast episode, and follow us here to catch every update!
Having good friends…
boosts our immune system, lowers stress, builds self-confidence and improves our overall health and well-being.
In fact, here at Women Friends, we believe friendship is vital to our very survival.
Yet many of us often feel lonely.
61% of respondents reported feeling lonely much of the time, according to a 2019 study. As a result of the Covid19 pandemic, since 2020, that number has ballooned. We are now facing a loneliness epidemic.
Latest Blog Posts:
- NewsReel: Women Friends in Pittsburgh MagazineJaneen Ellsworth, host of Women Friends, shares her stories of loneliness, teen angst, making friends as an adult, and raising kids to be good humans, with the amazing author LoriContinue reading “NewsReel: Women Friends in Pittsburgh Magazine”
- How to Communicate Hurt Feelings (Without Breaking a Friendship)This week’s solo episode answers listener question, “How can we communicate hurt feelings without breaking a friendship?”
- Saying ‘Yes’ to Build a Satisfying Social LifeWhy saying ‘yes’ to new opportunities helps you build a satisfying social life and fills up your calendar. Ep. 19 of Women Friends, featuring my interview with chronic disease expertContinue reading “Saying ‘Yes’ to Build a Satisfying Social Life”
We need to talk about loneliness.
Like, right now.
We want to face and explore some tough questions, like:
In what way do you prioritize the friends in your life?
How do you build meaningful connections in a pandemic, and with everyone shouting on social media?
Why can it sometimes seem so hard to make women friends?
Are we really doing the work that’s required to give of ourselves in friendship, and to allow what we’re worthy of to enter our lives?
Which is why we’ve launched Women Friends, the Podcast. Please join us for brilliant advice, intimate conversations, expert insights and so much more, on Women Friends, the Podcast, with host Janeen Ellsworth.
Women Friends, the Podcast
Girlfriends. Gal pals. Soul sisters. Whatever we call our female friends, these relationships are always unique and valuable, sometimes hard to come by, and, quite often, complicated. In Women Friends, we celebrate the magic of platonic friendships, reflect on what having girlfriends means as we navigate life’s ups and downs, and ask some really hard questions–like why is it so hard to make, and keep, female friends? These are the stories of everyday women, sharing their wisdom, experiences, vulnerabilities and advice about how to build healthy female friendships.
- Springtime is a season for expansion, renewal and regrowth. As such, the time has come for Women Friends to undertake a renewal process of […]
- How do we show up for a friend who's been given a serious health diagnosis? How can we be helpful and supportive of our […]
- It takes courage and a sense of responsibility to be a good friend. But we don't always demonstrate those qualities as best as we […]
- What limiting story are you telling about yourself? What falsehoods or judgments have others placed upon you that you internalized early on and which […]
- This week's solo episode with Janeen answers a listener question: "How can I communicate that I've had my feelings hurt without breaking the friendship?" […]
Let your voice be heard!
We want to hear your stories of friendship & share them on a future episode of Women Friends, the Podcast!
Leave us a voice memo by clicking here! Share one of the following (or whatever else is on your mind) and it could air on the show: Something nice a friend did for you, or that you did for someone else; what you value most in a friend; why you think friendships are difficult to maintain; any advice you have for others on how to build and keep healthy friendships. Be sure to leave your first name!
A message from the host
Hey! I’m Janeen, and it is my absolute dream and pleasure to be hosting Women Friends, the Podcast, and helping women build meaningful connection! I am thrilled that you’ve come!
I believe that real, true friendship is vital to our survival and our well-being, now more than ever, with more Covid closures looming near and continued social distancing measures.
I’m here to give everything I have to help heal the wounds of loneliness. To help women overcome toxic patterns that block them from building friendships that are healthy, long-lasting and satisfying. And to share real stories about real women who have built healthy platonic friendships, so that the rest of us can learn, grow and connect.
I’m so glad you’re here. Kick off your shoes. Pour a cup of tea (or Sauv Blanc!). Curl up on your couch and build friendship with me!
I really hope you will follow us on Instagram and Facebook, subscribe to the podcast, rate and review it so that more women can find us, and invite others to listen! And please let me know if you have a topic involving friendship you’d like to hear more about by filling in the form below. I’m listening and reading all of your comments!